There are many ways to stay involved with the Fulbright community after your grant has ended, please explore the options below. Have a new idea for the alumni network? Contact us.
- Alumni Bulletin – Register for the alumni bulletin to receive regular email updates with Commission news and information, event invitations, and other initiatives. Please keep your information up to date so that we can provide you the best opportunities.
- Fulbrighter – Fulbrighter is the first exclusive online connection tool and app for the global Fulbright community. Connect with other Fulbrighters around the globe, access jobs and professional opportunities, find exclusive Fulbright events in your area, and more. Download Fulbrighter by visiting the website and download the app via Google Play or the Apple App store.
- Events – The Commission and Fulbright alumni host regular events, which are listed on our website, on the Fulbrighter App, Alumni Bulletin, or get in touch with your local Alumni Council member to be involved in events regionally.
- Alumni Council – The mission of the US-UK Fulbright Alumni Council is to build, sustain and serve the alumni network. Council members take an active role in planning and delivering the overall programme of activities for alumni. They are expected to be involved in local activities, attend quarterly meetings by teleconference, as well as one planning day per year within the UK. The Council strives to maintain regional balance across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Elections are held each year in April. If you are interested in participating, please send us your name and location and we will contact you before the next election cycle with further details.
- Reading Panels – Each grant application we receive is read by three individuals, and alumni readers are pivotal to the process. Readers are asked to review, evaluate, and return no more than 15 applications in three weeks. To be considered as a reader please register your interest stating your subject area(s) and level of expertise.
- Alumni Panels – Share your Fulbright experience with new Fulbrighters or those interested in US study. The Commission puts on several panels throughout the year, please register your interest with us.
- Fulbright Association – The Fulbright Association represents all US-based alumni and advocates for the programme in the US government. If you are located in the US, reach out and join your local Fulbright Association chapter!
- Stand for Fulbright – The core funding we receive from the US and UK governments is essential to the existence of our programme. The international Fulbright alumni network has stood together several times to campaign against proposals to cut US funding to the programme, and we ask all alumni to take action to save the Fulbright Programme.