- Fulbright Awards
- Study in the USA
- News & Events
- Resources For
- Postgraduates30 »
- Scholars and Professionals243 »
- Senior Scholars and Professionals401 »
- Undergraduates245 »
- FAQs31 »
- Your Fulbright Year32 »
Fulbright International Education Administrators Award
In partnership with 11 prestigious UK Universities - University of East Anglia, Imperial College London, University of Sussex, Royal Holloway Univeristy of London, University of Birmingham, University of York, Durham University, University of Stirling, University of Stirling, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen's Robert Gordon University and University of Edinburgh - the US-UK Fulbright Commission offered international and higher education administrators from the US the opportunity to participate in a three week long seminar taking place across the UK in August 2013.
This programme is designed to allow participants to collaborate with their counterparts working in UK universities. This new programme helps familiarise participants with the UK's higher education system, society, and culture. Alongside UK colleagues, participants attend interactive briefings, meetings, and cultural events, in order to share best practice.
The programme provides participants with the unique opportunity to interact with UK colleagues and professionals from these host institutions. In addition, participants go on cultural excursions at various sites in the UK.
- International travel expenses
- Accommodation and most meals
- Accident and sickness benefits
- Sponsorship of a UK Tier 5 visa
While a Fulbright International Administrators Award only lasts 3 weeks in length, the benefits do not end there. Receiving a Fulbright Award opens many doors and provides unparalleled global networking opportunities. Over 300,000 Fulbright Awards have been given since the Programme’s inception, and alumni have the opportunity to stay engaged through our extensive alumni networks, including the British Fulbright Scholar Association (BFSA). Alumni also remain connected to the Programme through on-going social and cultural events, volunteer opportunities, mentoring schemes and much more.
The Fulbright Commission is seeking applications from US professionals in international and higher education administration.
- Be qualified international education administrators and senior-level university administrators with substantial responsibility for enhancing the international dimension of their institution.
- International Education administrators may include international student advisers, study abroad advisers, and international student admissions staff.
- Senior-level administrators may include presidents, vice-presidents, provosts and deans.
- Alternatively, applicants who interact with international students in other positions may apply, such as alumni relations, residential life managers, marketing and recruitment staff, admissions, or financial aid staff.
- Be affiliated with a two-or-four year college, university or non-profit international exchange organisation.
- Have a minimum of three years of full-time work experience in the field of international education.
Applications are made online through the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES). You will be able to log in and out of your application account and will not be required to complete the application in one sitting.
Applications for the IEA programme are now closed. The timeline for the next edition will be announced shortly.
1 Feb – Application deadline
late May – Telephone interviews
late May – notifications
June-July – Visa preparation
3 August – Arrival, programme begins
23 August - Programme closes; participants depart
The itinerary for the inaugural International Education Administrators programme can be found below. The programme showcased best practice on areas such as UK academic excellence, global curriculum, student mobility and integration, cultural learning and alumni outreach among others.
© The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Battersea Power Station, 188 Kirtling Street, London SW8 5BN
- Senior Scholars and Professionals401 »