- Fulbright Awards
- Study in the USA
- News & Events
- Resources For
- Postgraduates30 »
- Scholars and Professionals243 »
- Senior Scholars and Professionals401 »
- Undergraduates245 »
- FAQs31 »
- Your Fulbright Year32 »
at University of Roehampton
Summer Institutes for US Undergraduates
Summer Institute application deadlines have now passed. Applications for the Summer 2015 will reopen in November.
The US-UK Fulbright Commission offers special Summer Institutes for US citizens to come to the UK. These summer programmes provide the opportunity for US undergraduates (aged over 18), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to come to the UK on a three, four, five or six week academic and cultural summer programme.
Participants in these programmes will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
“This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. The people, lessons, and memories of this experience will affect me the rest of my life.”- 2013 Participant
There are nine Summer Programmes available for US students in 2014:
- AIFS Summer Institute at Shakespeare's Globe
- Durham University Summer Institute
- King's College London Summer Institute
- Nottingham Trent University Summer Institute
- Queen's University Belfast Summer Institute
- Scotland Summer Institute
- University of Bristol Summer Institute
- University of Exeter Summer Institute
- Wales Summer Institute
The Summer Institutes will cover the majority of participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals and in some cases a small daily allowance. Please read the Terms and Conditions for this award before making an application.
If you have any questions about the programme, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
When asked about the 2013 UK Summer Institute programmes:
- The majority of participants stated that they would recommend a Summer Institute to their friends.
- A majority of students said their understanding and knowledge of the UK had substantially changed over the course of the institute.
-All participants stated they had a very good or excellent experience with the host institutions
Applications are due: February 27 or March 6, 2014.
Please note the specific deadline of the Institute you choose. Deadlines are listed on the programme webpage.
Follow us on twitter and receive tips on completing your application!
© The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Battersea Power Station, 188 Kirtling Street, London SW8 5BN
- Undergraduates245 »