Andrew O’Keeffe
at University of California Los Angeles

Read Andrew O’Keeffe's Profile »

Meet Our Fulbrighters »


Nicol Hutchinson
at University of Washington

Read Nicol Hutchinson's Profile »

Meet Our Fulbrighters »

Fulbright Awards for UK Citizens

The US-UK Fulbright Commission provides generous grants to UK citizens for study, research and teaching in the USA, in any subject and at any accredited US higher education institution.

Exchanges to the USA

A wide range of exchange opportunities for UK citizens are offered in the following main categories:

*Please note that the "visiting student researcher" option should be used for applicants who will pursue research projects at a degree granting accredited education institution while currently enrolled in an UK/European Master’s / Doctorate programme. Applicants will be required to engage in an independent full time research project under the supervision of a research advisor at their U.S. host institution.


In order to apply for a Fulbright award you must be a UK citizen, resident anywhere except the United States. Non-UK citizens are required to apply in their country of citizenship, even if they are resident in the UK.

Each award has additional specific eligibility criteria. Please review the Selection Criteria tab on each award's page for more information.

Find Out More

To find out more about the awards opportunities on offer, including deadlines, eligibility, benefits and how to apply, please click the links above. Follow us on Twitter for application tips, news and announcements and much more.

Follow FulbrightAwards on Twitter