- Fulbright Awards
- Study in the USA
- News & Events
- Resources For
- Postgraduates28 »
- Scholars and Professionals240 »
- Undergraduates241 »
- FAQs29 »
- Your Fulbright Year33
My Fulbright year was incredibly worthwhile: busy, challenging, and very fun...
at Harvard University
I’ve met some fantastic people who’ll remain my friends for life, while undertaking a high quality, research-driven Master’s programme in the field of my choice. Thank you!...
at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
Postgraduate Student Awards
Applications for 2017-18 close 6 November 2016.
The Fulbright Awards Programme is the only organisation that offers scholarships for academic work in any subject, at any accredited US university. Approximately 20 postgraduate scholarships are offered each year to UK citizens as a contribution toward the first year of postgraduate or doctoral study, or for 'special student research' or 'visiting student research'. Candidates choose and apply to US university departments directly and independently.
We currently offer the following Postgraduate Awards:
- Fulbright Postgraduate Student Awards (All Disciplines)
- Fulbright - Alistair Cooke Award in Journalism
- Fulbright - British Friends Of Harvard Business School MBA Awards
- Fulbright - Diamond Family Foundation Award for Africa-Focused Research
- Fulbright - Elsevier Award Data Analytics Award
- Fulbright - Executive Master in Public Administration Award at NYU Wagner
- Fulbright - Lloyd's of London Postgraduate Risk Analysis Award
- Fulbright - Nursten Award in Medical Studies
- Fulbright - Hubert H Humphrey School of Public Affairs Award
- Fulbright - The University of South Florida Postgraduate Award
- Fulbright - Tufts University Fletcher School Master of International Law Award *NEW*
Fulbright Awards are for varying amounts, intended as a contribution towards the first year of tuition fees and general maintenance costs whilst in the US. Grants are generally paid in instalments directly to the grantee, the first of which is typically given just prior to departure from the UK. Individual awards may have different arrangements. A number of memberships, sickness and accident benefit coverage, and J-1 visa sponsorship are also included. There is substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July). Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Other exchange opportunities for UK citizens
© The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Unit 302, 3rd Floor Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP