King's College London
The Fulbright King's College London Award covers any non-clinical PhD programme offered by the university.
- One of the top 25 universities in the world (2016-17 QS international world rankings)
- The fourth oldest university in England
- Research-led and based in the heart of London.
King’s has a distinguished reputation in:
- Sciences, including health areas such as psychiatry, medicine, nursing and dentistry
- Social sciences, including international affairs.
King’s has influenced many of the advances that shape modern life, such as:
- Discovery of the structure of DNA
- Research that led to the development of radio, television, mobile phones and radar
- Medicine and healthcare, including antiseptic surgery and palliative care - the largest centre for the education of healthcare professionals in Europe
PhD students at King’s are supported by the Centre for Doctoral Studies. This central department equips research students to excel with funding support, high quality training, professional development, and guidance throughout their degree.
- Full tuition waiver
- £14,900 per year
This is intended as a contribution towards general maintenance costs during the degree programme in the UK.
In the UK, master's degrees are typically one-year programmes (full-time) and PhDs are three-year programmes (full-time).