The Fulbright Lancaster University Award covers a three-to-six month research project in any STEM field at the university.
In under 50 years Lancaster University has established a global reputation as a centre for research, scholarship and teaching with an emphasis on employability.
Ranked in the top 1 per cent of universities world-wide, 92% of research at Lancaster has been recognised as world leading or internationally significant with key areas of research ranked top in the UK.
One of only six collegiate universities in England and working with over a 1000 businesses, Lancaster places great emphasis on a strong student experience and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field.
- The Science and Technology Faculty hosts a number of research centres, working with the university to further scientific knowledge and translate it into applicable solutions for the economy and environment:
- Data Science Institute
- Energy Lancaster
- Materials Science Institute
- Quantum Technology Centre
- Security Lancaster
- The Cockcroft Institute, a collaboration between academia, national laboratories, industry and local economy
- The Centre for Research and Evidence on Security Threats (CREST)
- £2,500 per month
This funding is intended as a contribution towards US-UK travel, institutional fees, accommodation, and general maintenance costs while in the UK.