Scholar Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Scholar Award competition for US citizens follows the timeline below. Candidates must make their own independent arrangements with UK institutions.
The deadline for applications for the 2022-23 awards is Wednesday, September 15 2021.
- February: Applications open
- September: Applications close
- January: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- March: All candidates notified of their status
- April-June: Fulbright paperwork preparation
- August-April: Independent departures to the UK (orientation takes place in September, but some Scholar projects start as late as April)
For full details, please consult the Fulbright US Scholar programme website.
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching programme operates a summer-to-December application period, with very different requirements. Please consult the programme website for further details.