How to apply
The Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching for International Teachers programme looks for applicants who can engage with the USA in an atmosphere of openness, integrity and intellectual freedom, thereby promoting mutual understanding.
We assess more than the intellectual merit of proposals. The best applications are from well-rounded applicants who can demonstrate:
- Strong proposals and/or research projects
- Ambassadorial skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Genuine desire to learn more about the USA and to share aspects of British culture
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Leadership potential
- Plans to further the Fulbright mission and give back to the UK upon returning
Educators who are selected for the programme will:
- Participate in courses at a US host university.
- Observe classes, co-teach, and share their expertise with US colleagues in US elementary or secondary schools.
- Design and complete an individual or group inquiry project of direct relevance to their educational practice.
- Participate in an online professional learning community with other participants to share best practices and other elements of host and home country educational systems
- Engage in education and cultural activities while on programme in the United States
1. Review the UK application information:
Read the UK-specific terms and conditions
Review the Fulbright Commission Privacy Notice
2. Complete an online application
The online application, via IREX, is used by Fulbright programmes around the world. See the application guide for any questions you have while completing the application. Please note that we are using the online application only and you do not have to check in with the Commission first to confirm this.
The online application may also require you to upload additional documents such as references, institutional support forms or other forms.
Applications are closed. The next round of applications will open in late 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a panel interview in mid or late April.
Selected finalists and/or alternates will be notified in early September.