Postgraduate Student Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Awards competition for British citizens follows the below timeline. Candidates must make their own independent applications to US institutions.
For 2020-21 awards:
- Early August 2019: Applications open
- Early November 2019: Applications close*
- January/February 2020: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- February 2020: All candidates notified of their status
- March 2020: Fulbright Finalist Workshop
- June/July 2020: Pre-Departure Orientation
- July onwards 2020: Independent departures to the USA
*The British Friends of Harvard Business School Award typically remains open until April.
The Fulbright Schuman Award is administered by the Fulbright Commission in Belgium. The application timeline differs slightly to that of the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
If you're interested in applying for a Fulbright Award, or you're an advisor/administrator who wants to promote the programme at your university, sign up here for news, tips and advice.