As the 32nd oldest college in the USA, Allegheny College is ideal for students from across the country and beyond who have “unusual combinations” of interests, skills and talents.
Allegheny students develop combinations of majors and minors in areas that may at first seem unrelated: biology and economics, political science and music. Neuroscience majors play in the symphony and lead volunteer organizations.
Students prepare for law school while playing basketball and interning in Washington DC.
Exploring academic disciplines from multiple perspectives leads to extraordinary outcomes. When our students develop all of their passions, they are prepared with the talents most prized by employers—being articulate, creative and innovative.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Meadville, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private, Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 50%
- Average ACT Range: 24-29
- Average SAT Range: 1070-1290 (with writing included)
- Test Optional?: Yes
- Common Application Accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Arts; Biology; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; English; Environmental Sciences; Gender Studies; Geology; History; International Relations; Languages; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Theology/Religion; Art History
- Full list of majors available: http://sites.allegheny.edu/academics/majors/academic-majors/
- International students are eligible for: Merit/talent based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $56,976
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Football / Soccer; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball