American University (AU), Washington DC welcomes international students and US citizens educated abroad who wish to make meaningful change in today's world.
Over 1,300 international students from 140 countries attend AU. AU has a traditional campus, located in one of the most attractive and safest residential areas of Washington DC, near embassies and centres of government, business, research, science, commerce and art.
AU emphasizes academics, internships, 3-year undergraduate programs, double majors, combined bachelor/master programs, study abroad and features honors programs, 200 student organizations, small classes, and a 12:1 faculty ratio. 89% of students complete at least one internship/job prior to graduating.
Career outcomes are strong across majors (See www.american.edu/weknowsuccess/) NO SAT/ACT! Strong AP, IB, or A level results encouraged. Visit www.american.edu/admissions/international or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Washington DC
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 25%
- Test Optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Criminology; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Nutrition; Other; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.american.edu/degrees.cfm
- International students are eligible for: Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $62,819
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's and Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's and Women's Basketball; Men's and Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Field Hockey; Women's Lacrosse; Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- New York University (NYU)
- Columbia University in the City of New York
- Boston College
- Boston University