Beloit College is a residential liberal arts and sciences college located in the state of Wisconsin.
Founded in 1846, Beloit is recognized for its longstanding commitment to innovative teaching, liberal arts in practice, mentorship and international education programs.
Beloit offers more than fifty majors, minors, and a number of dual-degree and pre-professional programs. Coursework is interdisciplinary, experiential, and global in scope. One-third of Beloit students choose to double-major or create-a-major.
Nestled 145km northwest of Chicago and about an hour south of Madison; 15% of Beloit's 1400 students represent over 45 countries.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Beloit, Wisconsin
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 53%
- Average ACT range: 24-30
- Average SAT range: 1800-2100 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Museum Studies; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: https://www.beloit.edu/academics/fieldsofstudy/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $56,708
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball