Boston College is a private, four-year coeducational, Catholic, Jesuit university situated 6 miles west of Boston in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.
The enrollment totals 9,100 undergraduates, which includes students from 68 countries and 48 U.S. states. Approximately 85% of undergraduates reside on campus.
The University has a deep commitment to the ideals of a liberal arts education and student formation. Boston College students may choose from over 50 majors in one of the four undergraduate schools.
Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research and have been honored by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Education and the MacArthur Foundation.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 30%
- Average ACT range: 30-33
- Average SAT range: 1960-2150 (with writing included)
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Economics; Education; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: https://www.bc.edu/admission/undergrad/academics.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit/talent based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $66,004
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Women's Basketball; Men's Basketball; Women's Cross Country; Men's Cross Country; Men's Fencing; Women's Fencing; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Men's Skiing; Women's Skiing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball