Boston University is in the heart of Boston, and is ranked 32nd globally by U.S. News & World Report.
In recognition of its undergraduate education and research, BU was named to the prestigious Association of American Universities in 2012. More than 250 programs of study are offered, and students study with award-winning faculty including Fulbright Scholars, MacArthur Fellows, and Nobel Prize winners.
The student to faculty ratio is 12:1, and the average class size is 27. Students benefit from extensive global research and internship opportunities and a network of more than 300,000 alumni in 189 countries.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT range: 30
- Average SAT range: 2025
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Design; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Geography; History; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.bu.edu/admissions/academics/programs/majors/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $60,694
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- Boston College
- New York University (NYU)
- Northeastern University
- University of Southern California
- Syracuse University