Located in coastal Maine in Brunswick (pop. 22,000), two hours from Boston, Bowdoin's academic program is highly challenging and faculty are dedicated teachers.
Attracting students from across the US and the world, 30% are students of color. Students participate in 90 clubs and organizations.
With intelligence, creativity, and energy, the social life is centered in campus houses (no fraternities) and the food is rated #1 in the US by the Princeton Review. Bowdoin seeks students who are intellectually curious, creative, will contribute to the campus, are leaders, and committed to making a difference. Submission of SAT and ACT scores is optional.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Brunswick, Maine
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Art History; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Law; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.bowdoin.edu/admissions/academic-brochures.shtml
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $63,440
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Skiing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Skiing; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball