Brandeis University is a medium-sized private research university located in Waltham, Massachusetts.
There is no other place like Brandeis. As a medium-sized private research university with global reach, we are dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking discoveries.
Our 235-acre campus is located in the suburbs of Boston, a global hub for higher education and innovation.
Our faculty are leaders in their fields, as passionate about teaching and mentorship as they are about pushing the boundaries of knowledge. Our students are motivated, compassionate, curious and open to exploring new and challenging experiences.
At Brandeis, you will discover a community rooted in purpose, guided by our founding values, poised to lead in education and research in the 21st century.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 31%
- Test optional?: Test flexible for international students
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.brandeis.edu/admissions/academics/majors.html
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid, Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $73,120
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball