2,000 students attend Carleton College, a co-educational, residential college in Northfield, Minnesota.
A recent U.S. News and World Report survey ranked Carleton first in Best Undergraduate Teaching: National Liberal Arts Colleges.
The student-faculty ratio is 9:1, average class size 17, average lab size 15. 99% of full-time faculty holds the highest degree in their field.
Financial aid is need-based. International students apply by submitting the Certification of Finances and either the International Student Financial Aid Application or the College Board CSS Profile.
A Bachelor of Arts degree is awarded in 33 majors and 15 concentrated fields of study.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Northfield, Minnesota
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 20%
- Average ACT range: 29-32
- Average SAT range: 1950-2250 (with writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; English; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Humanities; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://apps.carleton.edu/academics/majors/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Additional financial aid information: Up to six full and six partial scholarships for international students in need of substantial aid; some smaller grants also available; all are need-based.
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $68,844
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Volleyball