From over 85 countries and all walks of life, students come to Chapman with the same drive. We’re compelled to make things, both individually and collaboratively. We’re here to sculpt new visions, direct feature films, and launch innovative startups. We’re here to bring to life anything imaginable.
Drawing on the entrepreneurial spirit of the West Coast, Chapman is ideally located in Orange, California. Here, we have easy access to LA and Hollywood internships, beaches, Disneyland, mountains, and deserts.
Our size is also a strength. As a mid-sized private university, we’re home to just over 7,000 graduate and undergraduate students. Our size gives us the flexibility to offer experiential learning, form intentional relationships, and connect you meaningfully to the larger world.
- Region: West
- Location: Orange, California
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 38%
- Average ACT: 28
- Average SAT: 1320 (writing not required)
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; English; Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; History; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: https://www.chapman.edu/academics/degrees-and-programs.aspx
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid, Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $76,462
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo