Founded in 1891, Drexel University is a comprehensive research institution that is consistently ranked, according to U.S. News & World Report, as a Top 100 University and 25 among the Most Innovative Schools in the nation.
Drexel offers comprehensive, integrated academics and world-class faculty. Our students immerse themselves in research and cooperative education, during which students can gain up to 18 months of real-world work experience exploring future careers long before graduation.
Drexel’s 17 colleges and schools offer undergraduate, graduate, professional, online, and adult education in the Arts and Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Business, Computing and Informatics, Education, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Food and Hospitality Management, Law, Media Arts & Design, Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions, Professional Studies, Public Health, and Sport Management fields. Drexel is located in historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 79%
- Average ACT range: 24-30
- Average SAT range: 1163-1350
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting; Architecture; Art History; Behavioral Health Counseling; Biological Sciences; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Construction Management; Criminology and Justice Studies; Culinary Arts and Science; Dance; Data Science; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Entertainment & Arts Management; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Environmental Studies and Sustainability; Fashion Design; Film & Television; First-Year Exploratory Studies; Geoscience; Global Studies; Graphic Design; Health Sciences; History; Hospitality Management; Information Systems; International Business; Journalism; Legal Studies; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music Industry; Nursing; Nutrition and Foods; Operations and Supply Chain Management; Philosophy; Photography; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Real Estate Management and Development; Sociology; Software Engineering; Screenwriting & Playwriting; Sport Management; Technology and Innovation Management; Virtual Reality & Immersive Media
- Full list of majors available: http://drexel.edu/academics
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship; Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $68,729
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men’s Crew; Women’s Crew; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Softball; Men’s Squash; Women’s Squash; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Wrestling