Emory University is known for demanding academics, outstanding undergraduate education in the arts and sciences, highly ranked professional schools and state-of-the-art research facilities.
Emory encourages students to create their own experiences and fosters their development into engaged scholars with the critical thinking skills and hands-on experience in ethical leadership, service and research to make a difference in their communities.
Top faculty are accessible and committed to teaching and fostering undergraduate research and experiential learning in the sciences and humanities.
Students may begin their Emory education at Emory College in Atlanta or Oxford College in Oxford, GA.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 25%
- Average ACT range: 30-34
- Average SAT range: 2010-2250 (with writing included)
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Art History; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://apply.emory.edu/discover/majors.php
- International list of majors available Need-based aid; Talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $63,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- Vanderbilt University
- Washington University in St Louis
- Northwestern University
- University of Georgia