George Mason University (Mason) is a public institution located in Northern Virginia, just miles outside of the US capital city of Washington DC.
Mason students have access to all the benefits of a large, culturally diverse city environment while living in a safe, friendly campus community.
More than 33,000 students from all 50 US states and over 120 countries call Mason their home.
Bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD programmes are offered in more than 100 areas of study including Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Public Policy, the Arts, Biology, and many more.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia
- Campus institution: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 60%
- Average ACT score: 27
- Average SAT score: 1875 (with writing included)
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Full list of majors available: https://www2.gmu.edu/academics#tab_Majors
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $48,433
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- American University
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Virginia