Haverford College is one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the United States devoted to providing a liberal arts education in the broadest sense.
Our 1,318 students enjoy the many benefits of living and learning in a diverse community made up of students from nearly every state and more than 35 foreign countries. Rooted in our Quaker heritage, the Haverford community centers on upholding the value of every individual. Haverford provides a rigorous and intensely personal liberal arts education inspired by intellectual depth, collaboration, and commitment to ethical leadership.
There is no place where students are more trusted, have more opportunity to shape their own path, or have a more profound impact on the overall community experience.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Haverford, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 20%
- Average ACT range: 32-34
- Average SAT range: 1370-1540
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Biology, Chemistry, Chemistry (ACS certified), Classical Culture & Society, Classical Languages, Comparative Literature, Computer Science, Dance, East Asian Languages & Cultures, Economics, English, Environmental Studies, Fine Arts, French & Francophone Studies, Geology, German & Germanic Studies, Greek, Growth & Structure of Cities, History, History of Art, Independent, Interdisciplinary Physics, Italian, Latin, Linguistics, Mathematics, Music, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Romance Languages, Russian, Sociology, Spanish, Theater, Viusual Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://www.haverford.edu/academics
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $70,994
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Fencing; Women's Fencing; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball