John Jay College of Criminal Justice (CUNY) is a public university with the mission of educating for justice.
As part of The City University of New York, John Jay offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional curriculum that helps students achieve their academic and professional aspirations. Situated in the heart of New York City, the College offers 27 majors, 40 minors, 11 graduate programs and 3 doctoral programs.
Our most popular majors are International Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Forensic Psychology, and Computer Science & Information Security, and Digital Forensics. Tuition for students on F-1 visas is roughly $14,000 a year.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York City, New York
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public (state university); Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT range: 21-30
- Average SAT range: 1500-2000
- Test optional? Yes, admissions tests are no longer required but highly recommended
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Criminal Justice; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; Law; Languages; Liberal Arts; Philosophy; Political Science; Psychology; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/majors
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $41,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Rifle; Women's Rifle; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball