Kenyon College, located in Gambier, Ohio, is a unique academic community where collaboration rather than competition is the guiding spirit.
As one of the nation’s finest liberal-arts colleges, Kenyon is also selective in admissions and passionate in its teaching, scholarship, and dedication to involving students in shaping their own education.
Among Kenyon’s compelling features: a classic college town; a welcoming and talented student body; a well-deserved reputation as a great place for writers; state-of-the-art facilities; an exceptional faculty; and an interesting and successful alumni group. The college calls itself "the perfect place to learn in the company of friends amongst a community of scholars."
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Gambier, Ohio
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 27%
- Average ACT range: 29-32
- Average SAT range: 1350-1450
- Test Optional?: Yes, for the fall 2021 admissions cycle
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.kenyon.edu/academics/departments-programs/available-majors-minors-and-concentrations/
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $73,930
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Track and Field (men's and women's); Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Basketball (men's and women's); Cross Country (men's and women's); Women's Field Hockey; Football / Soccer (men's and women's); Men's Golf; Lacrosse (men's and women's); Swimming and Diving (men's and women's); Tennis (men's and women's); Women's Volleyball