Lafayette is a highly-selective residential liberal arts college of 2,500 undergraduate students.
Our idyllic hilltop campus is located in the small city of Easton, Pennsylvania, roughly 120 km from New York City and 100 km from Philadelphia. This wonderful location balances the scenic beauty found at many American liberal arts colleges with much more easy access to large cities, and therefore airports, than most of our peer institutions.
Lafayette excels in all academic disciplines, is particularly well-known for its combination of the liberal arts and engineering, and faculty-student interaction is vital to the academic program. Being highly residential, student activities in the arts, community service, cultural groups, and many other areas, are a central aspect of the Lafayette experience. We are the nation's smallest Division I school to field 23 sports and international students are a critical part of our campus community.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Eaton, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 31%
- Average ACT range: 28-33
- Average SAT range: 1860-2160
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Art History; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Humanities; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.lafayette.edu/academics/departments-and-programs/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship; Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $63,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Fencing; Women's Fencing; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball