The Power of Engaged Learning: Student-faculty ratio (9:1) average class size (15).
Extraordinary number of individualized courses—honors projects, research, tutorials, studio lessons—where one student works directly with a professor. Of the 2,000 courses we teach each year, nearly two-thirds have total enrollments of 1. In Appleton, Wisconsin (part of the Fox Cities, pop. 225,000).
Appleton has an airport with easy connections to major hubs around the US. Lawrence is a university because it has both a college and a music conservatory (no graduate students here). 1,500 students from nearly every state and 50 countries. International population: 13%. Scholarships for international students: $5,000-$32,000.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 34%
- Average ACT score: 28
- Average SAT score: 1900 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Humanities; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.lawrence.edu/academics/study
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship; need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $55,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Fencing; Women's Fencing; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball