The New York Film Academy offers camps, short-term workshops, conservatory-style programs, and degree programs.
The Academy’s one- and two-year conservatory-style programs include topics in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Screenwriting, 3D Animation, Cinematography, Broadcast Journalism, Photography, Graphic Design, Musical Theatre, and Game Design; as well as an accelerated three-year Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree programs in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Screenwriting, 3D Animation, Graphic Design, and Game Design, and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Media Studies. Our school also offers two-year Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Screenwriting, Producing, Cinematography, Documentary, Game Design and Photography, and two-year Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) degrees in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Screenwriting and Game Design, and a Master of Arts (MA) in Film and Media Production at our Los Angeles campus. Each program is structured for students who want intensive training from award-winning faculty, using professional facilities and equipment starting their first day of classes; better preparing them for a career in the motion picture and entertainment industries.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York, New York; Los Angeles, California
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Drama/Theatre Arts; Film/Cinema Studies; Journalism; Liberal Arts
- Full list of majors available: https://www.nyfa.edu/programs/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $55,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: N/A