Honored to be the film and acting school of many Hollywood filmmakers' families, including Steven Spielberg, Al Pacino, and Robert Downey Jr., NYFA is the largest independent filmmaking and acting school in the US.
Hundreds of students of all backgrounds experience the hands-on education offered at the New York Film Academy.
We offer Master of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Associate of Fine Art degrees and certificate programs in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Photography, Documentary Filmmaking, Cinematography, Screenwriting, Video Game Design, Broadcast Journalism, Musical Theatre, and 3D Animation in New York City and Los Angeles.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York, New York; Los Angeles, California
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Drama/Theatre Arts; Film/Cinema Studies; Journalism; Liberal Arts
- Full list of majors available: https://www.nyfa.edu/programs/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $55,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: N/A