Northeastern University is a national research university located in Boston, Massachusetts.
It offers a unique model of flexible and personalized education that fuses together the rigorous academic curriculum and practical, real-world-based co-curriculum. Central to this approach is the cooperative education program (co-op) pioneered in 1909.
It integrates periods of classroom study with periods of six-month full-time paid employment in the field of the student’s major. Over 3,300 organizations in the US and 85 countries offer co-op positions to Northeastern students.
International students receive employment authorization that allows them to work on co-op anywhere in the US.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 19%
- Average ACT range: 32-34
- Average SAT range: 1400-1500 (without writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Architecture; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.northeastern.edu/neuhome/academics/departments-programs.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $72,932
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Volleyball