Northeastern University is a national research university located in Boston, Massachusetts.
It offers a unique model of flexible and personalized education that fuses together the rigorous academic curriculum and practical, real-world-based co-curriculum. Central to this approach is the cooperative education program (co-op) pioneered in 1909.
It integrates periods of classroom study with periods of six-month full-time paid employment in the field of the student’s major. Over 3,000 organizations in the US and 85 countries offer co-op positions to Northeastern students.
International students receive employment authorization that allows them to work on co-op anywhere in the US.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 31%
- Average ACT range: 31-33
- Average SAT range: 2030-2200
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: TBD
- Full list of majors available: http://www.northeastern.edu/neuhome/academics/departments-programs.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $58,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: TBD
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- Boston University
- Tufts University
- New York University (NYU)
- Boston College
- University of Pennsylvania