Reed College is an institution of higher education in the liberal arts devoted to the intrinsic value of intellectual pursuit and governed by the highest standards of scholarly practice, critical thought, and creativity.
Located in the vibrant, green city of Portland, Oregon in America's pacific northwest, Reed enjoys a 120 acre campus with natural springs, a beaver-dammed lake, and a student-restored and maintained salmon spawning habitat.
Reed's academic program is demanding and intense and balances breadth of knowledge across the curriculum with depth of knowledge in a particular field of study. The goal of a Reed education is that students learn and demonstrate rigor and independence in their habits of thought, inquiry, and expression.
Reed graduates are among the most awarded of any American college, and an extraordinary percentage of Reed graduates go on to earn PhD's in advanced fields of study.
- Region: West
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 31%
- Average ACT range: 29-33
- Average SAT range: 1340-1510 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Forestry; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Museum Studies; Music; Neuroscience; Oceanography; Paleontology; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.reed.edu/apply/academics/majors.html
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $65,300
- Additional financial aid information: We provide need-based aid for international students. We meet full demonstrated financial aid need for all admitted and continuing students.