Rutgers is a premier American research university that has been ranked by the Institute of Higher Education as #54 in the world, offering bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers is the eighth oldest institution of higher education in the United States. With three campuses in New Jersey along the East Coast, Rutgers students are minutes via mass transit from New York City and Philadelphia.
Rutgers offers more than 100 undergraduate majors and has top-ranked degree programs in business, liberal arts, humanities and the sciences, including pharmacy and engineering. Rutgers has one of the most diverse student bodies in the United States, attracting 3,400 international students from more than 167 countries.
- University website: http://www.rutgers.edu/
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 60%
- Average SAT range: 1650-2290
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Agriculture; Anthropology; Archaeology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Fisheries; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Oceanography; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://admissions.rutgers.edu/academics/majors.aspx
- International students are eligible for: Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $40,340
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling