Skidmore College, located on a beautiful 850-acre campus in dynamic and historic Saratoga Springs, New York, is a liberal arts college where creative thought matters.
Skidmore’s setting in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains is just three hours from New York City, Boston and Montreal, and 30 minutes north of the capital city of Albany.
The Skidmore curriculum offers traditional majors in the liberal arts and sciences, as well as strong opportunities in pre-professional study and the creative and performing arts. Among the largest and most popular majors are English, Management and Business, Psychology, Government, Studio Art, Biology, International Affairs, Exercise Science and Economics.
Off-campus study, faculty-student research, and professional internships are important aspects of the Skidmore experience. The diverse student body comes from 45 states and 58 countries, and nearly 60 percent of students go on to graduate or professional school within five years of graduation.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Saratoga Springs, New York
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 26%
- Average ACT score: 30
- Average SAT score: 1980 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Museum Studies; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://www.skidmore.edu/academics/majors.php
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $68,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: Liberty League, Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Skiing; Women's Skiing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Football/Soccer; Women's Football/Soccer