Slippery Rock University enrolls 8800 students, representing 40 US states and more than 35 countries.
The expansive, rural campus is located 50 miles north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the 2nd largest city in the state.
Over 120 accredited programs are offered at the bachelors, masters and doctoral levels in the Colleges of Business; Health Environment & Science; Education; and Liberal Arts. Activities include 20 sports, 100+ clubs and organizations, and an extensive array of special events.
Comprehensive student services, including on-campus housing, are available. As a public university, costs are reasonable. Financial aid is provided for all international students
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 14%
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Area Studies; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Military Sciences; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.sru.edu/academics/majors-and-minors
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $27,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division II
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Volleyball