St. Olaf College was founded in 1874 as a Lutheran, residential liberal arts college.
Today, St. Olaf retains its Lutheran identity and is known for its caliber of teaching, conservatory-quality music program, leading international study program, and the post-college success of its graduates.
The academic program offers 45 majors, ranking in the top five U.S. colleges in graduates who have earned the Ph.D. in mathematics, physical and natural sciences, and theology and religion.
With students from more than 85 countries, St. Olaf offers a dynamic campus community just 45 minutes from the business, cultural, and recreational amenities of Minneapolis-St. Paul and its 4.5 million residents.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Northfield, Minnesota
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 55%
- Average ACT range: 24-29
- Average SAT range: 1800-2100
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://wp.stolaf.edu/academics/departments/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $54,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Skiing; Women's Skiing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- Lawrence University
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities