Founded in 1833 and the second oldest women's college in the U.S., Stephens College is an institution committed to her mission: Learn. Grow. Lead.
Stephens is resilient and optimistic, faithful to her traditions, and eager to embrace whatever the future may bring. Our three colleges are: the School of Design, the School of Creative and Performing Arts, and the School of Health Sciences. Located in a top ranked college town with three universities and 36,000 students, activities abound. Stephens continues to prepare graduates (whether from our undergraduate residential college, co-educational graduate programs or 90-year-strong Children's School) for the lives that await them – lives of distinction, integrity and service.
Inspired by our mission,"Learn. Grow. Lead.", and shaped by our Ten Ideals, we stand in service to generation after generation of Stephens students.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Columbia, Missouri
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT: 23
- Average SAT: 1030-1150 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Arts; Biology; Chemistry; Communications: Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Literature; Management; Marketing; Medical Sciences; Music; Physiology; Psychology; Public Relations/Affairs; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: https://www.stephens.edu/academics/programs-of-study
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $33,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NAIA
- Varsity sports: Women's Softball; Women's Basketball; Women's Cross Country; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Volleyball; Competitive Dance Team