Suffolk University is a comprehensive private university, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in the College of Arts and Sciences, the Sawyer Business School, and the Law School.
Suffolk's urban campus is in the heart of Boston, near the state capitol building and the city's business district. The University’s branch in Madrid, Spain allows students to either start their university studies, or study abroad throughout their university career.
With a 96% placement rate, our nationally recognized curricula place a strong emphasis on experiential learning, leadership development, and internships to apply classroom learning to the real world.
There are 4,983 undergraduate students; 20% are international from almost 100 countries. All applicants are eligible for a merit scholarship which can cover up to 50% of tuition.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 77%
- Average ACT score: 23
- Average SAT score: 1570 (with writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Economics; English; Environmental Sciences; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.suffolk.edu/academics.php
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $62,376
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball