Founded as a liberal arts institution in 1962, The American University of Paris is an urban, independent, international university located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, right next to the Eiffel Tower.
AUP welcomes around 1000 students from over 100 different nationalities and is fully accredited by the Middle States.
AUP offers 27 bachelor degree programs and 9 graduate programs.
Students share small classes with accomplished professors, fully leveraging AUP's location in the center of one of the world’s greatest cities. Courses are taught in English, but many students take advantage of the international setting to develop French, Arabic and other language interests.
Cultural excursions and study abroad programs provide additional opportunities to gain a global perspective.
- Region: American University Abroad
- Location: Paris, France
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: American University Abroad; Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Arts; Business; Communications; Creative Writing; Computer Science; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Environmental Sciences; History; Humanities; International Relations; Journalism; Law; Liberal Arts; Management; Marketing; Philosophy; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://www.aup.edu/academics/undergraduate/majors
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid, Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): €40,000