The University of Texas at San Antonio is a multicultural public research university with 32,000 students.
UTSA is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. We offer 60 undergraduate majors spread across 8 colleges. Curated by an award-winning faculty, our diverse set of programs will prepare you for your professional career or scholarly pursuit.
Looking for a change? San Antonio is the place to be. A UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy & home to 1.4 million people, it’s a big city that feels like a welcoming small town. Historic landmarks, green spaces, a lively art scene, unique restaurants, museums & annual festivals - there’s something for everyone here.
- Region: South
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 65%
- Average ACT: 21-28
- Average SAT: 1050-1250
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art History, Arts, Astronomy, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Gender Studies, Geography, Geology, History, Humanities, Information Sciences/Systems, International Relations, Labour/Industrial Relations, Languages, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Music, Nutrition, Philosophy, Physics, Physiology, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Public Relations/Affairs, Social Work, Sociology, Urban Planning, Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://future.utsa.edu/explore/areas-of-study/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $35,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football, Men's Athletics / Track and Field, Women's Athletics / Track and field, Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Women's Volleyball