Union was the nation’s first college to integrate engineering into a liberal arts curriculum. Today we are one of the few leading the way in the intersection of disciplines, finding the connections between our 57 majors and minors.
Schenectady, New York: A safe, small city in New York’s capital region.
Connection: A place where you will be well cared for, you will know your professors. 2200 students, all undergraduate. 13% international. Integration of science and engineering with social sciences and humanities. 58 different majors and minors. Immersion in graduate level research as an undergraduate. 60% studying abroad; 80% intern at more than 500 organizations worldwide.
Inclusion: A diverse community joined in unity and filled with joy. 100% approval of OPT/job placement. 100% graduate school placement. Merit scholarships & need-based financial aid.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Schenectady, New York
- Campus setting: Small City
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 41%
- Average ACT range: 28-33
- Average SAT range: 1270-1430 (without writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology, Art History, Arts, Astronomy, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Dance, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Film/Cinema Studies, Gender Studies, Geology, History, Humanities, International Relations, Languages, Law, Liberal Arts, Literature, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Music, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Theology/Religion, Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: https://www.union.edu/academic/majors-minors/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Additional financial aid information: We will meet 100% of the demonstrated need of all students who are offered admission to Union College
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $74,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: Liberty League
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Golf; Men's ECAC Ice Hockey; Women's ECAC Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball