Union College is a four-year, independent college focused exclusively on undergraduates.
One of the nation’s oldest and most distinguished liberal arts colleges, it was established in 1795, the nation’s first campus constructed with a master architectural plan. Union is known for outstanding programs in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, arts and engineering, and for encouraging students to explore the intersections among disciplines.
Its innovative curriculum emphasizes collaboration with students and faculty through small classes, research, international study and experiential learning.
The 2,200 full-time undergraduates come from 41 U.S. states and 35 countries. Twenty-five percent are from diverse or international backgrounds.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York City, New York
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 41%
- Average ACT range: 29-31
- Average SAT range: 1860-2130
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: TBD
- Full list of majors available: https://www.union.edu/academic/majors-minors/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Additional financial aid information: We will meet 100% of the demonstrated need of all students who are offered admission to Union College
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $64,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: Liberty League
- Varsity sports: TBD
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Boston University
- University of Vermont
- Hamilton College
- Trinity College