UC Davis, ranked in the top 10 public research universities in the United States, offers more than 100 academic majors and 90 graduate programs.
Located in beautiful Northern California, the city of Davis is friendly and safe, offering wonderful cultural and recreational activities.
As a UC Davis student, you can participate in research projects, gain experience through internships or join an intramural sports team. UC Davis is widely known for specialties in agriculture, viticulture and enology, the biological sciences and veterinary medicine, and teaching and research are grounded in a tradition of excellence that reaches across all the disciplines.
UC Davis also has a long tradition of helping students build their undergraduate resume for graduate or professional school, and a rewarding career.
- Region: West
- Location: Davis, California
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 44%
- Average ACT range: 28-33
- Average SAT range: 1240-1450 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Agriculture; Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Forestry; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Military Sciences; Museum Studies; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Oceanography; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies; Veterinary Medicine; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: https://admissions.ucdavis.edu/majors/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $61,447
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Gymnastics; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo