The University of California, Irvine is ranked ninth among the nation's best public universities and 39th among all national public and private universities, according to the annual U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Colleges" ranking of undergraduate programs at leading universities. raduate and professional degrees.
With 30,000 students and three Nobel Prize winning faculty members, UC Irvine is a dynamic and fast-growing campus. The city of Irvine is ranked as one of the safest cities in the nation, and enjoys close proximity to the beautiful Pacific coastline.
UC Irvine is a driving force of innovation that benefits local, national and global communities. Being a major research university it has a commitment to cutting-edge research, teaching, learning and creativity and offers 82 undergraduate degrees and 98 graduate and professional degrees.
- Region: West
- Location: Irvine, California
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 38.7%
- Average ACT score: 28
- Average SAT score: 1880 (with writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; InternationalRelations; Languages; Law; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; MedicalSciences; Neuroscience; Music; Nursing; Pharmacology; Physics; Physiology; Philosophy; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Social Work; Sociology; Urban Studies; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://www.admissions.uci.edu/about/majors_and_minors.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $56,810
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo