The University of Chicago is renowned for its commitment to inquiry and its distinguished history in research, discovery and innovation.
Undergraduates in the College receive a world-class education through academic learning, hands-on research, individualized advising, and professional preparation in one of the world’s most dynamic and vibrant cities. Of the 5800+ undergraduates, international students comprise more than 12% of the student body. Students here are smart, broadly interested, academically oriented, and intellectually ambitious.
Our Core Curriculum gives students breadth across disciplines and the skills necessary for critical thinking and analysis in any field. Ninety percent of classes are taught by faculty and have 25 students or less. The College offers 50+ majors, over 40 study abroad programs, and dedicated academic and career advisors. Students have exceptional access to research opportunities and internships. Our academic centers in Beijing, Hong Kong, Delhi & Paris further expand the reach of our scholarship and experience for faculty, students, and alumni.
The third largest city in the US, Chicago enriches the student experience with culture, entertainment, career and service opportunities.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 8.5%
- Average ACT range: 32-35
- Average SAT range: 1450-1550 (without Writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Museum Studies; Neuroscience; Music; Paleontology; Public Health; Public Policy; Theology/Religion; Social Work; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu/academics/majors-minors
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $67,563
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling