The University of Colorado Boulder provides an outstanding academic setting on one of the most beautiful campuses in the United States.
More than a dozen academic programs are ranked in the top 25 in the U.S. and the university as a whole ranked 34th in the world in a recent survey.
CU-Boulder is proud of the quality and diversity of its students who come from every state in the nation and over 100 foreign countries.
- Region: West
- Location: Boulder, Colorado
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Public; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 79%
- Average ACT range: 25-30
- Average SAT range: 1110-1310 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Architecture; Art History; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Linguistics; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.colorado.edu/admissions/undergraduate/academics/majors
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Additional financial aid information: Academic merit scholarship offered to the top 5% of applicants. NCAA Division I athletic scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Athletics Department
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $66,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Skiing; Women's Skiing; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball