At the University of Florida, we are people of purpose.
We’re committed to challenging convention and ourselves. We see things not as they are, but as they could be. We strive for a greater impact; one measured in people helped and lives improved.
As the oldest and most prestigious institution in the state of Florida, UF hosts more than 6,500 international students from over 131 countries.
UF has more than 120 undergraduate majors, 200 graduate degree offerings and all 5 of the professional programs such as Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Optometry, and Veterinary Medicine.
We have a campus of nearly 2,000 acres and over 1,000 students organizations for students to choose from.
We believe putting students in the center of campus and allowing them to grow for the Gator Good!
- Region: South
- Location: Gainesville, Florida
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 40%
- Average ACT range: 27-31
- Average SAT range: 1790-2030 (with writing included)
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: No
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Agriculture; Astronomy; Accounting/Finance; Arts; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Biology; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Chemistry; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Forestry; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Labour/Industrial Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Military Sciences; Museum Studies; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Oceanography; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies; Veterinary Medicine; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/Pages/academic-programs.aspx
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $50,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Women's Bowling; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Gymnastics; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Gymnastics; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball