The University of Iowa is a world-class, Tier 1 research university with more than 32,000 students including 4,000 international students.
Recently awarded the 2017 Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization, students find our campus very comfortable, welcoming and safe. It's home to one of the nation's largest and most highly acclaimed academic medical centers, the # 1 creative writing program in the US, strength in STEM fields and more than 200 areas of study for students to explore.
Iowa Hawkeyes come from everywhere and all walks of life. They bring their passions and their perspectives with them, enriching our community and the world.
Iowa City is a top 5 best college town and widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities. Join us!
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Iowa City, Iowa
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 11%
- Average ACT range: 23-28
- Average SAT range: 1060-1268 (without writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Marketing; Mathematics; Management; Medical Sciences; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Relations/Affairs; Public Health; Public Policy; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://admissions.uiowa.edu/academics/undergraduate-areas-of-study
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $42,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Baseball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Gymnastics; Women's Gymnastics; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling