The University of Massachusetts Amherst is one of the top public universities in the USA. We currently rank among the top 30 in a field of more than 700 public, four-year colleges and universities in the USA in the U.S. News & World Report’s annual college guide.
Founded in 1863, we are a home to over 23,000 undergraduates from more than 75 countries. Our goal is to educate and prepare responsible and globally-engaged citizens to succeed in a highly connected and competitive world.
We offer a vast array of programs, many counted among the top in their field, and consider qualified undergraduate international students for academic-based scholarships. Plus, we are located in Amherst Massachusetts, one of the safest and most beautiful college towns in the USA! Please consider joining the UMass family.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Amherst, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 55%
- Average ACT range: 25-30
- Average SAT range: 1150-1300
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Agriculture; Anthropology; Architecture; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Forestry; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Urban Studies; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://www.umass.edu/gateway/academics/undergraduate
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $49,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis