The University of Miami is a powerhouse of instrumental people and places shaping the world of tomorrow.
Classes are structured with an emphasis on the individual, enabling you to build personal relationships with your professors and mentors. Students contribute to the remarkable discoveries taking place in every center, institute and department.
All of these opportunities are part of our signature "Hands-On, Early On" approach, which nurtures exploration of the world outside the classroom while also bringing the world to our campus. A university of Miami education provides a resource of connections that will prove invaluable for years to come.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Coral Gables, Florida
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 40%
- Average ACT range: 28-32
- Average SAT range: 1820-2110
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Criminal Justice; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Oceanography; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://welcome.miami.edu/academics/index.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $62,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Rowing; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball