The University of Pittsburgh, founded in 1787, has grown to include 16 schools, a major medical center, & over 300 research centers, institutes, laboratories & clinics.
It is a mid sized campus located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. ‘Pitt’ students come from all 50 US states and over 106 countries, contributing to the diversity of life on campus.
Undergraduate students are offered 100+ degree programs in 10 colleges/schools. Among its many accolades, Pitt belongs to the Association of American Universities, comprised of the top 62 research institutions in North America.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 53%
- Average ACT range: 27-31
- Average SAT range: 1260-1400 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://oafa.pitt.edu/majors.php
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $45,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Gymnastics; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling