The University of South Florida (USF) is a high-impact, global university focused on student success and groundbreaking research.
It is located in beautiful Tampa Bay on Florida’s spectacular west coast, and its 48,000 students make it one of the largest public universities in the nation.
USF is among the top 45 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures and offers students a dynamic learning environment that inspires innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
There are 89 undergraduate degrees and over 150 graduate degrees available to the 4,000 international students from over 130 countries who call USF home.
With one of the lowest tuition rates in the country, USF is an outstanding value.
- Region: South
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 38%
- Average ACT range: 25-29
- Average SAT range: 1130-1290
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Nursing; Oceanography; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning
- Full list of majors available: http://www.usf.edu/academics/index.aspx
- International students are eligible for: Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $34,408
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity Sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball