Vanderbilt University, situated on a beautiful 330-acre campus located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee, includes four undergraduate schools and six graduate programs.
The combination of excellent academic rigor, a vibrant campus life, and an urban location attracts exceptionally talented students from around the world, consistently earning the university a top-20 ranking from U.S. News & World Report.
Vanderbilt’s 6,900 undergraduate students and 5,700 graduate students from more than 90 countries are constantly immersed in the multidisciplinary research and teaching that are at the heart of the Vanderbilt community.
Over 50 percent of undergraduates participate in academic research, and with a 7:1 student-faculty ratio, Vanderbilt affords easy access to faculty. Vanderbilt students take full advantage of student life by immersing themselves in more than 430 student organizations, a full range of study abroad programs, Division I athletics, and a variety of exciting internship opportunities.
- Region: South
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 10.7%
- Average ACT range: 32-35
- Average SAT range: 1420-1590 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://admissions.vanderbilt.edu/major/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit/talent-based scholarship
- Additional financial aid information:We have a need-aware admission policy for international students, but we meet the full demonstrated financial need of all admitted students and financial aid packages do not include loans.
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $68,087
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Women's Bowling; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis